Indian Silk House was Founded in 1926 by Shri Rishabhchand, who had plunged into the Non-Cooperation movement started by Mahatma Gandhi and fired by his patriotic fervor opened the Indian Silk House which has a four-generation old history of spinning silk into gold, with a hand in dressing Nargis, Supriya Devi, Chhabi Biswas, Sarat Chandra Bose, P.C. Sorcar senior and so on. Rishabhchand obeyed the call of his inner soul and sought communion with Sri Aurobindo and The Mother at Pondicherry. In 1931, he settled in Sri Aurobindo Ashram at Pondicherry. The business was carried on by his brothers and son.